Saliva Hormone Test - 5 Panel (recommended)
THIS IS THE TEST KIT WE RECOMMEND
It provides the MOST DETAILED RESULTS across the widest array of hormones and thus provides the best window of understanding.
This kit includes testing of 5 complete hormones:
- Pg - Progesterone
- E2 - Estrodial
- T - Testosterone
- D - DHEA
- C - Cortisol (morning)
- strongly connected with ovulation and fertility. Is what causes your temperature to rise when measuring basel temperature. In pregnancy the placenta produces this hormone at 200 times it's normal daily level. It is a very safe hormone to use if it is in it's bio-identical form. Synthetic forms of this hormone known as provera or progestin do not behave with the same natural characteristics as natural progesterone and thus should be avoided. Progestins and provera take on a roll similar to cortisol in the body in terms of behavior by blocking the natural progesterone pathway which can lead to break out bleeding and spotting in the middle of the cycle. Synthetic provera or progestin have been used in some birth controls such as the quarterly injections and vaginal rings that are doped with the hormone. Natural progesterone on the other hand has very good balancing characteristics and stabilizes the cycle.
- derived naturally from body fat, DHEA and progesterone. Primary hormone in the birth control pill but derived from horse urine rather then using a natural human form of the hormone.
- it's production is strongly linked to the DHEA level. If testosterone is low then cholesterol is frequently high. On the other hand if testosterone is level then cholesterol is also usually in good shape.
- is a critical link in converting cholesterol to hormones such as testosterone. As well it is an indicator of adrenal function. Low levels can generally be associated with an assumption of high cholesterol and poor adrenal function (fatigue). Levels can be improved by approximately 50% in just 60 days by simply boosting natural glutathione (GSH) levels
- The stress hormone. Can block progesterone's pathway if elevated and can interrupt the menstrual cycle both through emotional and physical stress, including heavy athletic training.
2 Panel Kit - For women who wish to check their Estrogen, Progesterone ratio.
3 Panel Kit - For MEN and women who wish to also test testosterone levels.
THIS KIT ALLOWS YOU TO COLLECT AND SUBMIT A SALIVA SAMPLE.THIS KIT INCLUDES SHIPPING.
CONSULTATION AND REVIEW OF RESULTS ARE EXTRA BUT CAN BE ADDED PER THE OPTION ABOVE.
Why Test Hormone Levels?
Hormones are powerful molecules essential for maintaining physical and mental health. We frequently think of estrogen as being a female hormone, and testosterone as being a male hormone. But men AND women make both, plus several more that need to be in balance for optimum health. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw your physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
One size does not fit all when it comes to hormones! For decades western medicine has prescribed Hormone Replacement Therapy as if everyone needed the same thing and the same amount. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your hormones are like your fingerprints and in order to achieve optimal health, you need to know what your specific imbalances are.
There are several ways to test for hormones(saliva, serum and urine), but the state-of-the-art method is through saliva. This is because only the active portions of hormones are measured and it is these portions that determine how individuals feel. So if you are seeking to balance your hormones with bio-identical hormone replacement, you’ll need to know what your active hormone levels are. In addition, if using a topical (skin cream) hormone preparation for treatment, saliva testing is the most accurate tool to measure and monitor hormone status.
ADDITIONAL HELP AVAILABLE: If you would like someone from Natural Methods to review and explain your test results to you when they come back, before you set out on a balancing program, simply book a test review consultation by adding the consultation to your order per the option above. Upon receipt of your results from the lab, one of our staff members will call to book the appointment. A copy of your results will be e-mailed or faxed to you in advance of your appointment. Questions are welcome.